You can translate the question and the replies:

NEST() aggregation function ERROR when (Snowflake) source configuration has "Delegate aggregate functions list" checkbox is "unchecked"

Dear Denodo Support Team, I am encountering below error while delegating the aggregate functions setting is unchecked. **Error:** Finished with error: Error executing query. Total time 0.117 seconds. QUERY [VIRTUAL] [ERROR] QUERY [JDBC WRAPPER] [ERROR] QUERY [JDBC ROUTE] [ERROR] Received exception with message 'Unable to find mapping for function 'nest_aggregation'' * NEST() is working right away when source configuration has "Delegate aggregate functions list" checkbox is "checked". Below are the steps to simulate the error. Can you please let me know if there is any way to fix this and reason for the error. 1) "emp_test_bv" table with EmpID & DeptID columns. SELECT 'E001' AS EMP_ID, 'D100' AS DEPT_ID FROM DUAL UNION SELECT 'E002' AS EMP_ID, 'D100' AS DEPT_ID FROM DUAL UNION SELECT 'E003' AS EMP_ID, 'D100' AS DEPT_ID FROM DUAL UNION SELECT 'E004' AS EMP_ID, 'D100' AS DEPT_ID FROM DUAL UNION SELECT 'E010' AS EMP_ID, 'D200' AS DEPT_ID FROM DUAL UNION SELECT 'E011' AS EMP_ID, 'D200' AS DEPT_ID FROM DUAL 2) Go to Source Connection/Source Configuration tab and uncheck the check box for "Delegate aggregate functions list" property. 3) Run the below VQL query SELECT dept_id, NEST (emp_id) AS employees FROM emp_test_bv GROUP BY dept_id; Note: This is working when REGISTER() is applied before NEST() on the column i.e. NEST(REGISTER(emp_id)) is working. Thanks in advance. Regards, Srujan.
user
21-01-2019 10:19:47 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, In order to use Nest with Snowflake, please navigate to the Source Configuration tab of the Snowflake data source. Then, check the checkbox next to “Delegate aggregate functions list”. Remove “nest” from the list of functions, and then click on Save to save your changes. Nest will perform as expected at the Denodo layer. Hope this helps.
Denodo Team
24-01-2019 14:33:34 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here