You can translate the question and the replies:

Incremental mode last_modified_date > '@LASTCACHEREFRESH'

What is the date format of the variable LASTCACHEREFRESH My data has a column last_updated with a data type as "text" and value like "2019-01-22 11:00" but using the condition last_updated > @LASTCACHEREFRESH and the cache does not get loaded. I have changed the data type of the column to "Date" still with the same result. Should I change the format of the date column ? can you provide an example how to change the date format and be able to compare with LASTCACHEREFRESH Thanks,
user
22-01-2019 14:21:50 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, First, just to clarify, '@LASTCACHEREFRESH' is only used in a view's cache condition for incremental queries. In other words, it is used to select from the original data source any lines which have been added or updated since the last cache refresh. It is not used to load the cache. For more information about incremental cache, including important rules to follow when configuring it, take a look at: https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/cache_module/cache_modes/incremental_mode Once you've specified a view's incremental query condition using '@LASTCACHEREFRESH', when you query the view, you should see in the execution plan two SQL queries: one which is sent to the cache and another which is sent to the original data source. In the latter you'll see the condition you provided, where '@LASTCACHEREFRESH' is replaced with the last cache refresh timestamp. Now, if your condition is based on a column stored as text, Denodo will automatically try to convert the column to a timestamp in order to push down the comparison. Our recommendation is that you use a date type instead of a text for the column in your database field so you avoid any conversion. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
24-01-2019 06:39:31 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here