Connection timed out (Write failed) - How to keep connection open?

Hi, We have a schedulaled caching-job that suddenly started to fail with the following error after arbetray time, a span from 2 hours to 3.30 hours: *[CACHELOADERROR] There was an error while inserting data : I/O Error: Connection timed out (Write failed) DV_CUSTOMER_PRODUCT_FRABUNN* What seems to fail the jobb is firewall timeout after 3600s, despit that we have configured the parameter SocketKeepAlive=True in the driver properties in the data souce. Denodo 7.0 - Upgrade 20181011
user
11-02-2019 08:32:41 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, For the above error, I would make sure to use a ping query in the [Connect Pool Configuration](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/creating_data_sources_and_base_views/jdbc_sources/jdbc_sources#importing-jdbc-sources) of the cache datasource. I would recommend you to review the VDP log and Scheduler log files for further details, looking at the error it looks like the connection has been terminated by the cache datasource(host). Additionally, if you still need help and if you are a user with valid Support account, you may open a support case at the Denodo Support Site and the support team will help you. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
12-02-2019 04:55:55 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here