For your scenario, I would recommend using Denodo Scheduler tool. You can follow the below steps:
* Using Virtual DataPort Administration Tool, Create a XML datasource and create a base view over the XML datasource.
* Now Using Denodo Scheduler, Create a New [VDP Data Source](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/scheduler/administration/creating_and_scheduling_jobs/data_sources/vdp_data_sources) in Scheduler for the Virtual database.
* Create a new VDP [job](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/scheduler/administration/creating_and_scheduling_jobs/jobs/jobs).
* In the [Extraction section](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/scheduler/administration/creating_and_scheduling_jobs/configuring_new_jobs/vdp_extraction_section), select VDP Data Source and pass the Parameterized Query to fetch the data from Virtual Dataport Server. For eg:
`Select * from <XML_BaseView>`
* In the Exporter section (optional), create a new exporter to your target data source you have created.
* In the Triggers section (optional), you can use Cron Expression to schedule jobs at defined date/time.
For more details, you can refer to [Creating and Scheduling Jobs](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/scheduler/administration/creating_and_scheduling_jobs/creating_and_scheduling_jobs) which explains in detail how to use Denodo Scheduler.
Hope this helps!