getting HTTP error code 403 on creating base view

I'm trying to connect s3, following this Amazon S3 REST API section. my s3 is (dummy info below) bucket: denodo-test file:/denodo.txt (no folder) I have IAM account with full access to s3. I could get se file with awscli. on base view creation part, my info is like param_filepath /denodo.txt param_host: denodo-test.s3.amazonaws.com param_auth: AWS ***:*** param_date: Thu, 21 Feb 02:50:00 GMT I think I followed instruction ok, but still get 403 error. Any idea how to solve this? I'm using denodo-express fully installed on ubuntu. Thank you
user
20-02-2019 22:00:24 -0500

3 Answers

Hi, By looking at your scenario, it seems that your access token is expired for Amazon S3. I would recommend you to create a base view by providing the valid access token. For more information, you can refer to the following KB article [How to integrate Amazon S3 with the Denodo Platform](https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/How%20to%20integrate%20Amazon%20S3%20with%20the%20Denodo%20Platform?category=Data+Sources). Hope this help!
Denodo Team
22-02-2019 06:47:38 -0500
Thank you. However, I have already confirmed that on AWS console, this AccessKey is valid. I created new access key, but result is same. Plus the link you provided is same one I am refering. Basically I'm still stuck in the same place... Can you help me further? Thank you.
user
25-02-2019 02:17:46 -0500
Hi, I would try accessing the S3 bucket and the file from an external REST client like POSTMAN to make sure the bucket is accessible for external clients. According to the [Amazon S3 documentation](http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonS3/latest/API/ErrorResponses.html), there are several reasons the HTTP error code 403 is returned, this may include cross-location logging not allowed, the provided security credentials are not valid or the difference between the request time and the server's time is too large. For your scenario, I would also take a look at the vdp log file at <DENODO_HOME>\logs\vdp\ directory to get more information on the issue. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
15-04-2019 08:27:41 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here