When running as admin, receiving "Error storing wrapper: Error accessing the metadata" when attempting to create base view

Hi, I'm currently attempting to create base views in VDP Administration Tool and receiving the following error message: Unable to create base view: error creating 'json' wrapper: Error storing wrapper 'WRAPPER': Error accessing the metadata while loading/storing objects I have double-checked, and **I am an admin**, ruling out the "lack of sufficient operating system privileges" referenced [here](https://community.denodo.com/answers/question/details?questionId=9060g0000000ArmAAE&title=error+accessing+metadata). This issue persists no matter what type of data source I try to create a base view from, including data sources which I have created base views for in the past. This seems to be a relatively recent issue. I have checked the vdp and vdp-admin log files and turned on debug logging while reproducing the error, but this didn't give me any more information about the issue. I'm currently running Virtual DataPort v7.0 update 20190205 BETA. Would appreciate help with this issue. Thanks!
user
07-03-2019 15:59:05 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, It is possible you have not started the Virtual Dataport Server as an administrator or the user who started the server does not have recursive privileges on all the folders inside the Denodo Platform (This is in case of Linux machine). I would make sure apart from starting the Virtual Dataport Administration tool as an administrator the Virtual Dataport Server is also started as an Administrator. Additionally, if you still need help and if you are a user with valid Support account, you may open a support case at the Denodo Support Site and the support team will help you. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
08-03-2019 00:52:31 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here