You can translate the question and the replies:

Denodo: added description dissapears after refreshing base view

With a JDBC MS SQL 2016 data source, I added descriptions to each field in the base view. But after doing a source refresh on the base view, the description field is cleared and marked orange. Why is this? Where does the empty description come from?
user
15-03-2019 06:40:09 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, It is possible that you might have included the property “com.denodo.vdb.admin.gui.sourcerefresh.overrideFieldInfo=true” in the configuration file located under the path “<DENODO_HOME>\conf\vdp-admin\VDBAdminConfiguration.properties”, which could be the cause of this issue. I performed the following steps in my system and was able to successfully retain the field descriptions created in base views. Therefore, I recommend you to perform the same steps at your end as well. 1. Navigate to the path <DENODO_HOME>\conf\vdp-admin\ 2. Open the file VDBAdminConfiguration.properties 3. Update/Set the property com.denodo.vdb.admin.gui.sourcerefresh.overrideFieldInfo=false 4. Restart the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool 5. Perform Source Refresh again Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
19-03-2019 08:18:27 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here