You can translate the question and the replies:

Error: Invalid number format for port number

I'm trying to make the DEN70EDUD1001VID01 - Data Sources. JDBC module and i am unable to establish connection. Here is the message : Unable to establish connection : invalid number format for port number. I need help, Thanks
user
26-06-2020 12:07:54 -0400

4 Answers

Hi, This error occurs when the JDBC URI is incorrect. The JDBC URI for the oracle database should be (jdbc:oracle:thin:@<data-server/IP of the VM>:1521:xe) I suspect that there could be a double slash after the @ sign in the URL which leads to the error. Please double-check and remove the slashes and try to test the connection again and now you will be able to access the data source. Also, I would recommend you to follow the instructions provided in the "DEN70EDUD1001LAB01 - Create a data source to connect to a relational database" lab section. Hope this helps!!
Denodo Team
29-06-2020 07:02:32 -0400
The JDBC URI for my oracle database is jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:database and when i try to put jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:database:1521:xe it doesnt work
user
29-06-2020 09:14:55 -0400
The JDBC URI for my oracle database is jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:database and when i try to put jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:port:database:1521:xe it doesnt work
user
29-06-2020 09:14:55 -0400
Hi, When I tried to create the Oracle data source in the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool, I was able to create it successfully. As recommended, I used the Denodo Quickstart Virtual Machine as the source and the following Database URI, `jdbc:oracle:thin:@<data-server/IP of the VM>:1521:xe` This Denodo Quickstart Virtual Machine includes all the necessary sources required for completing the Denodo Training Labs. Hence, I would recommend you to use this virtual machine and try to configure the Oracle Data Source. You could find the link to download the virtual machine in the "DEN70EDUD01 Configuration" section of the course. If you are using the local Oracle installation, then make sure your Oracle is up and running and the port it runs is 1521. For more information, you could follow the instructions provided in the "DEN70EDUD1001LAB01 - Create a data source to connect to a relational database" lab section. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
09-07-2020 06:00:00 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here