You can translate the question and the replies:

Denodo Rest API - JSON with compound or array

Hi. I have used Data sources > New > Data Sources > JSON > HTTP Client to connect to a REST API. The base view rendered in Denodo has several nested fields (arrays). To flatten this to a consummable view, I would need to create about 8-10 flatten views to get a final product. I cannot delete the intermediate flattened views which creates a mess for maintanence. Is there a way to flatten the arrays in one view? Also, I read about registers in relation to arrays and those can be flattened in one view. I'm curious how can I tell whether I have a register or array in my view? Thank you.
user
29-06-2020 12:18:02 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, When I created a view from a web service that had multiple arrays, I had to create a flatten operation for each array; you can find more information about creating flatten views in the [Creating Flatten Views](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/vdp/administration/creating_derived_views/creating_flatten_views/creating_flatten_views#creating-flatten-views) section of the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. In order to help with maintanence, I made an [Interface view](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/vdp/administration/creating_derived_views/creating_interface_views/creating_interface_views#creating-interface-views) on top of my flatten views with the fields that I wanted from the data source. The interface view allows me to modify the intermediate flatten views without having to modify the report views that reference them. In reference to your question about determining when fields are registers or arrays, you can look in the "Field Type" column of the "View Schema" tab of a view; arrays are marked by four squares in a horizontal line, while registers have one box above three others connected by lines. I hope this helps!
Denodo Team
30-06-2020 21:28:43 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here