You can translate the question and the replies:

How to understand a license file

Earlier i used evaluation license file, and it was pretty simple and short and I could understand its contents. I used it with a single node installation of Denodo platform server without any Solution Manager(SM) installation. It worked fine. Recently the license got expired and as expected, our Denodo Platform server stopped starting. Now we upgraded to full version license file, but this time the file is pretty lengthy with details of Dev, QA, Prod etc. environments into one single file. Is this a global license file ? I replaced the previous evaluation license file with this new full license file and restarted the Denodo Platform server, thinking that it will automatically pick up the new license, but still the Denodo Platform server couldnt start and errrors out that "remote license file is not found". Do I need a solution manager installation to make my Denodo platform server work ? I do not want to install SM at this moment
user
03-07-2020 00:32:47 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, Generally, the evaluation licenses are only aimed for evaluation purposes and they are only for limited time period. It is not possible to use an evaluation license in a environment (Development, Staging etc;) Besides this, in a final (full version) Denodo Platform 7.0 version, there is only one license (Global License), the Solution Manager license which is installed in the Solution Manager server. Then the License Manager server is in charge of delivering the license to each Denodo server so they could be launched after having approved their license request. For more details, you can refer to [License Management](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/solution_manager/administration/license_management/license_management#license-management) section of the Solution Manager Administration Guide. If you still need help and if you are a valid Support User, you may open a Support Case at the Denodo Support Site and the Support Team will help you. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
03-07-2020 08:34:59 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here