You can translate the question and the replies:

How does the folder structure looks like when a virtual database is under version control ?

I want to know if I integrate my virtual database with VCS (GIT) , how does the folder structure will look like in GIT ? How many folders, VQL files etc. are created ?
VCS
user
04-07-2020 13:01:20 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, The folder structure in GIT will be based on the elements which are **pushed** to the remote repository. For example, if I push an entire virtual database into GIT then the folder structure will be similar to the structure which I have defined in the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool. All the folders along with its elements like data sources, base views, etc. will have their VQL files as well as .properties/.dependencies file (based on type of element) present in GIT. You could take a look at the [VCS Operations for GIT](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/version_control_systems_integration/vcs_integration_features/vcs_operations_for_git) section under the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide for more details. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
06-07-2020 03:56:03 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here