You can translate the question and the replies:

Unable to connect denodo using ODBC from power BI

Hi I use denodo platform 7.0 in windows. When i connect denodo data view from Power BI i get below error. --datasource.error: odbc: error [hy000] error while executing the query Even when i tried to connect from microsoft excel using the option "from microsoft query and ODBC" i get the error "Error loading View". In the vdp log i get below error. --- com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.server.odbc.ODBCBackend [] - Error: Error loading view In the vdp-requests log - i found below query ---select n.nspname, c.relname, a.attname ..... from (((pg_catalog.pg_class c inner join pg_catalog.pg_namespace n on ........ Execute above query in VQL shell also give the same error. Pls give me an idea to solve this. Regards Venkat
user
20-07-2020 06:11:22 -0400

2 Answers

Hello, I recommend you to follow the steps mentioned in [Connecting from your application - ODBC clients](https://community.denodo.com/tutorials/browse/basics/4connect2odbcclient) tutorial and validate the configurations shown for successfully connecting with Denodo. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
21-07-2020 15:55:53 -0400
Hi Thanks for your reply. I follow the steps in the link.But I get below errors from logs. "Error loading database 'pg_catalog' " ........... ............ ERROR 2020-07-22T11:36:12.266 com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.SelectAction [] - com.denodo.vdb.catalog.database.LoadDatabaseException: Error loading database 'pg_catalog' com.denodo.vdb.catalog.database.LoadDatabaseException: Error loading database 'pg_catalog' at com.denodo.vdb.catalog.database.Database.findByName(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:7.0.0] at com.denodo.vdb.catalog.Catalog.findDatabaseByName(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:7.0.0] at com.denodo.vdb.catalog.Catalog.findDatabaseByName(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:7.0.0] at com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.SelectAction.a3(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:7.0.0] at com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.SelectAction.a3(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:7.0.0] at com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.SelectAction.a3(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:7.0.0] at com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.SelectAction.a3(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:7.0.0] at com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.SelectAction.a3(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:7.0.0] at com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.SelectAction.a3(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:7.0.0] at com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.SelectAction.a3(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:7.0.0] at com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.SelectAction.createQuery(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:7.0.0] at com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.SelectAction.execStatement(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:7.0.0] at com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.RequestAction.exec(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:7.0.0] at com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.Action.run(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:7.0.0] at com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.processor.VDBActionProcessor.a(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:7.0.0] at com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.processor.VDBActionProcessor.d(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:7.0.0] at com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.processor.VDBActionProcessor.a(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:7.0.0] at com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.Action.start(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:7.0.0] at com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.ExecutionEngine.execute(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:7.0.0] at com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution.ExecutionEngine.execute(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:7.0.0] at com.denodo.vdb.vdbinterface.server.QueryExecutorImpl.executeStatement(Unknown Source) ~[denodo-vdp-server.jar:7.0.0].... ............ ....... -Venkat
user
22-07-2020 02:23:59 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here