I tried restricting the user’s access to the views in Virtual DataPort and it worked fine for me. For that I have performed the below steps,
1. Login to Virtual DataPort as admin user and navigate to** Administration > [User Management](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/vdp/administration/databases_users_and_access_rights_in_virtual_dataport/administration_of_databases_users_roles_and_their_access_rights/creating_users).**
1. Create a user as “new_user” in Virtual DataPort and click on the **Assign Privileges**.
1. In Assign Privileges, provide the **Connect** privilege over the database and click on **edit** under Advanced privileges.
1. In Advanced privileges, it will list all the views available in the Virtual DataPort and then give necessary privileges(i.e., Metadata, Execute, etc), over the specific views. For example,dv_ptdata.
For more information, you could refer to the following section,
* [User and Access Right in Virtual DataPort](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/vdp/administration/databases_users_and_access_rights_in_virtual_dataport/user_and_access_right_in_virtual_dataport/user_and_access_right_in_virtual_dataport).
* [Modifying the Privileges of a User](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/databases_users_and_access_rights_in_virtual_dataport/administration_of_databases_users_roles_and_their_access_rights/modifying_and_deleting_users#modifying-the-privileges-of-a-user).
Hope this helps!