You can translate the question and the replies:

Fail to connect VDP Admin tool to a sgbd Oracle, running in a training virtual machine named DQVM.

Hello, I try to connect VDP Admin tool to a sgbd Oracle, running in a training virtual machine named DQVM. A screenhot is joined for illustrate, the error message is (ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor ) ![VDP](https://i.imgur.com/Hkkg0n1.png) With dbvisualizer, the ping is correct (cf. screenhot). ![dbvisualizer](https://i.imgur.com/CXv40aa.png) I have made all tasks required of the user manual of the Denodo Training 7.0 QuickStart Virtual Machine and the ping run fine. Do you known if I must run some tasks in VM DQVM ? And how ? How I can check if all databases are running ? nb : I have deployed ojdbc8.jar in the path od Denodo installation (C:\Denodo\DenodoPlatform7.0\tools\client-drivers\jdbc). Regards Marc
user
29-07-2020 10:46:28 -0400

2 Answers

Hi, When I tried to connect to Oracle DB in the Denodo Quickstart Virtual Machine, I was able to connect successfully. Some of the general reasons for this error could be, * The **version** of **DQVM**, please check you are using the latest version of DQVM which is, * DQVM version (20200128) for VirtualBox (1.5 GB). * DQVM version (20200128) for VMware (1.6 GB). * DQVM version (20200206) for Hyper-V (1.5 GB). * From the error, it looks like the Oracle listener is running but not the database service. I would suggest you to check if you have allocated the recommended 4GB memory for the Virtual machine. You could download the latest version of the Virtual Machine from the Configuration section of your On-demand course. For more information on the recommended Hardware requirements, refer to the **Denodo Training QuickStart Virtual Machine** User Manual. Hope this helps!!
Denodo Team
30-07-2020 03:53:16 -0400
Hi, Thanks a lot for your suggestion. The source of my trouble is the memory of my PC, that is to small for the VM. Since I upgraded to 8GB, the database Oracle is mounted and started. This Q&A is solve. Regards Marc
user
31-07-2020 04:07:13 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here