You can translate the question and the replies:

long time, even seems dead when VCS pull

Hi team, want to understand, why VCS pull needs so long time? We have some requriement that needs to change the VCS branch name and then do a re-pull, when this happended, we found all objects (totally 2000+) needs to do a re-pull, and this process take very very long time, for example running 20 minutes, just pull 100+ objects, can you let us know how we can do make this perofrmance much better? It really a pain for us!!!!
user
09-08-2020 23:53:05 -0400

6 Answers

Hi, The delay in VCS pull operation occurs when there are large number of databases. When I faced these kind of delays, I installed the latest update of Denodo Platform which greatly improved the performance of VCS. Further, I would check if there is any network issues between the Virtual DataPort server and the Version Control System. Additionally, I would disable the [**conflict detection**](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/version_control_systems_integration/vcs_integration_features/vcs_operations_for_microsoft_tfs_and_subversion#check-in-commit-operations) option on the Administration Tool as per the recommendation. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
10-08-2020 08:30:31 -0400
Why the latest latest update of Denodo Platform greatly improved the performance of VCS? Actually I use 20190302 version before , it is fast, but I when I installed 20200903 version, it is very slow.
user
 Edited on: 08-09-2020 01:28:06 -0400
Also, what you sent about the "conflict detection" is for TFS, we want to know this about gitlab, please share, thanks. The client things related reply is also about VCS-gitlab.
user
any update?
user
do you have update? team, I think it should be a common problem.
user
Hi, I was able to pull the data from Git repository without any delays. If I face any performance issues, I would check the [**Denodo Monitor**](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/monitoring_the_virtual_dataport_server/denodo_monitor/denodo_monitor) logs under the "<DENODO_MONITOR_HOME>\logs" folder by reproducing the issue as it would give detailed information for the issue. Also, I would probably reduce the log level of VCS to INFO to get more information and troubleshoot the issue by executing the [**LOG CONTROLLER**](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/vql/stored_procedures/predefined_stored_procedures/logcontroller) Stored Procedure in the VQL shell as, `CALL LOGCONTROLLER('com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution','INFO');` Once this is executed, I would check the 'vdp.log' file found under '<DENODO_HOME>\logs\vdp' folder. Then, I would revert the log level to ERROR: `CALL LOGCONTROLLER('com.denodo.vdb.interpreter.execution','ERROR');` Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
18-08-2020 09:45:51 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here