You can translate the question and the replies:

Manage change from Data Source

How does Denodo intimate Denodo Admin or users that there has been change in the underlying data source i.e., could be column name change or addition/drop of new column to the underslying table of Base View Is there any process to detect these changes or atleast get information once there was any change done to the underlying data source system ?
user
12-08-2020 03:00:53 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, In order to check automatically if there are differences between the base views in Denodo and the tables in the underlying databases, I use the GET\_SOURCE\_CHANGES and GET\_VIEWS procedures in Denodo. The GET\_SOURCE\_CHANGES procedure returns information about differences between Denodo views and the associated table in the underlying data source. I can use the GET\_VIEWS procedure in conjunction with the GET\_SOURCE\_CHANGES procedure to execute the procedure on all of my views. For more information about these stored procedures, you can reference the [GET\_SOURCE\_CHANGES](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/vdp/vql/stored_procedures/predefined_stored_procedures/get_source_changes#get-source-changes) and [GET\_VIEWS](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/vdp/vql/stored_procedures/predefined_stored_procedures/get_views#get-views) sections of the Virtual DataPort VQL Guide. If I am worried about changes occurring regularly in the underlying data sources in my scenario, I usually configure a Scheduler job to routinely run my GET\_SOURCE\_CHANGES and GET\_VIEWS query. In the Scheduler job, I filter out results where the modification column is an empty string and do not export results when no columns are returned. Then, I can configure a mail handler to send me an email every time a file is exported, which means that a change was detected in the underlying data source. I hope this helps!
Denodo Team
12-08-2020 15:08:09 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here