You can translate the question and the replies:

Configuring soutbound sources 'credentials/connection string' dynamically via api

we have denodo at my company and it will have many southbound connections to RDS databases. OUr Security team is very tight on handing out secrets and manaully setting the host/id/pwd creds to the rds databases to a denodo virtual database admin human. we want to automate this with a push model. when the application who supports the aws/RDS database instance redeploys, the application can generate new credentials for denodo. the next step is how can we 'push' the creds to denodo. ie can we push /api that triggers an import to denodo? I have to believe someone has done this already. we , at liberty mutual, have done this with other applications, ie Informatica, we are looking for something similar to denodo and hope that denodo has api's that support this. we are all about automation and minimizing any admin from ever seeing credentials.
user
12-08-2020 16:55:04 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, At the moment, Denodo supports Use login and password, Use kerberos and Use pass through session credentials for JDBC data sources and it is not possible to mask the username/connection URL of a data source or dynamically use generated credentials in the data source. However, please note that a data source password will always be encrypted and will not be visible to admin users. Besides, if you are a valid support user and need further assistance for this scenario, I would suggest you to open a Support case and the Support Team will help you further. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
14-08-2020 08:12:27 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here