You can translate the question and the replies:

Can denodo close all VDP and webservice threads immediately upon completion?

Since our last release, we are seeing spikes where we can see upwards of 1200 threads in the VDP service per box. In the lower environments this can take down environments, so I wanted to see if there was a way to configure the threads pool to automatically close when complete for both VDP and Web Services. We have tested with setting JDBC connection pools to 0 and changing the thread expiration time in the vdp config file to lower it, but I was not sure if we can just set the threads to automatically end on completion.
user
01-09-2020 12:47:23 -0400

1 Answer

HI, After reading through the documentation [here](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/server_administration_-_configuring_the_server/threads_pool/threads_pool), if you have the default settings, it looks like the thread remains in the pool till its expiration time, i.e. 10 mins. And the Sleep time, is how often Denodo will check all the unsued threads if they exceeded this expiration time, which is 5 mins. So, every 5 mins, Denodo will check what all threads have not been used for 10 mins and will close it. If you want these threads not to remain in Denodo for long, you can tweak these settings, for example have Sleep time: 1 min, Expiration time: 2 mins. So no unused thread will remain in the pool for more than 2 mins. But if you see many threads being opened and stuck anyways, I would also check how my queries are executing and if there are no BLOCKED threads firstly in my Denodo Server and if they do, are there any specific queries which are blocking my threads? Maybe at the data source level? And troubleshoot from there. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
03-09-2020 00:26:34 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here