You can translate the question and the replies:

db2 LUW drivers

I need to configure a jdbc connecton to a db2 instance. I have been told that the version of db2 is V 10.5 Fix pack 7 . this look painful as teh denodo site sends me to https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSEPGG_10.5.0/com.ibm.swg.im.dbclient.install.doc/doc/t0007317.html . just wondering for a simple db2 jdbc client, its a little rediculous to download a ton of client layering, when all I need is a thin driver. but thats me not fullly understanding db2. this is an LUW version of db2 but the dbas are telling me its that fix pack above . any expereince out there?
user
16-09-2020 14:03:14 -0400

2 Answers

Hi, To connect the IBM DB2 through JDBC from Virtual DataPort, I would perform the following steps, 1. Download the JDBC driver of IBM DB2, from the vendor’s website. 1. After downloading the driver, copy the jar file and paste in the DB2 11 folder located at <DENODO-HOME>lib-external/jdbc. 1. Start the Virtual DataPort Server and click on New> Data source > JDBC and Choose the Database Adapter as the DB2 11. 1. Then, enter the necessary detail such as Driver classpath, Driver Class, Database URI, login credentials and etc, and click on save. For more information regarding the JDBC connection, have a look at [JDBC Sources](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/vdp/administration/creating_data_sources_and_base_views/jdbc_sources/jdbc_sources) section in the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
17-09-2020 07:51:55 -0400
ok, I have made progress on this. I deployed a db2.10.5 driver v10.5fp11_linuxx64_dsdriver.tar (which I downloaded from IBM site) to denodo vdp external library. I configured my connection to db2 and I connect just fine, am able to create a virtual denodo object to a db2 table from the source. However when executing this view in denodo I get QUERY [VIRTUAL] [ERROR] QUERY [JDBC WRAPPER] [ERROR] QUERY [JDBC ROUTE] [ERROR] Received exception with message 'DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-104, SQLSTATE=42601, SQLERRMC=LIMIT;;FETCH FIRST <n> ROWS ONLY, DRIVER=3.69.78' we are on Denodo 7.0
user
18-09-2020 15:04:56 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here