You can translate the question and the replies:

db2 issues

I have made progress on setting up a denodo connection to an LUW db2 10.5 database. I deployed a db2.10.5 driver v10.5fp11_linuxx64_dsdriver.tar (which I downloaded from IBM site) to denodo vdp external library. I configured my connection to db2 and I connect just fine, am able to create a virtual denodo object to a db2 table from the source. However when executing this view in denodo I get QUERY [VIRTUAL] [ERROR] QUERY [JDBC WRAPPER] [ERROR] QUERY [JDBC ROUTE] [ERROR] Received exception with message ‘DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-104, SQLSTATE=42601, SQLERRMC=LIMIT;;FETCH FIRST <n> ROWS ONLY, DRIVER=3.69.78’ Any thoughts? NOTE: I can describe my view in the Denodo vritual dataport admin tool. we are on Denodo 7.0
user
18-09-2020 15:07:16 -0400

4 Answers

Hi I have come across the same error 'Received exception with message ‘DB2 SQL Error: SQLCODE=-104, SQLSTATE=42601, SQLERRMC=LIMIT;;FETCH FIRST <n> ROWS ONLY, DRIVER=3.69.78' which occurs because of the incorrect delegation. In order to resolve this error, I had performed the following steps: * Open your data source. * Navigate to Source Configuration. * Set the option 'Delegate FETCH clause' to 'No'. * Save the change. This fixed the issue. For more information, you can have a look at the section [Data Source Configuration Properties](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/vdp/administration/creating_data_sources_and_base_views/data_source_configuration_properties/data_source_configuration_properties#data-source-configuration-properties) of the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. Additionally, If you have more questions and if you are a valid support user, I would suggest you to raise a support ticket in the Denodo Support Site so that our support team can help you. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
21-09-2020 07:34:03 -0400
brilliant. that works!!!!! thanks a ton
user
21-09-2020 08:47:20 -0400
I've been told by the db2 dbas, that db2 needs all select statements with a ..... WITH UR ; predicate ( uncommited reads). how does this translate to happen in denodo?
user
21-09-2020 12:16:05 -0400
found my own answer, the connection screen has a transaction isolation level , so I chose uncommitted there.
user
21-09-2020 12:22:58 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here