I was able to implement similar scenario using Virtual Dataport Administration Tool by following below steps:
* Configure the data source which has a table with ID values.
* On top created data source, create a base view (lets say: "bv_test") over the table which has ID column.
* Configure another [JSON data source](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/vdp/administration/creating_data_sources_and_base_views/json_sources/json_sources#json-sources) over the Rest API using connection URL with interpolation variable.
For example: http://acme.com/reports?<field_name>=@<interpolation_variable_name>
* Create a base view (lets say "bv_test_api") over the JSON data source.
* Once the views are created, perform a [join](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/vdp/administration/creating_derived_views/creating_join_views/creating_join_views#creating-join-views) operation over the both the views (i;e bv_test and bv_test_api).
* In the model tab, join the "ID" column with the "interpolation_variable_name" column of the interpolation view.
* From the output tab, you can select and remove all the unnecessary columns and save the view.
* Save and execute the view.
If you still need help and if you are a valid Support User, you may open a Support Case at the Denodo Support Site and the Support Team will help you.
Hope this helps!