You can translate the question and the replies:

The pod in the denodo-container keeps crashing

Hello docker/kubernetes experts, I followed the steps mentioned above and after creating the denodo-service.yaml, I can see that the pod keeps crashing with the status : CrashLoopBackOff. Please let me know if anything is missing that might be causing this issue. I re-used the yaml file from the above article and the only change I made to it is that I changed the path to the standalone license to point to the license file on my local machine, and I also changed the image name. More details below: $ kubectl get pods NAME READY STATUS RESTARTS AGE denodo-deployment-b848977f7-wbltd 0/1 CrashLoopBackOff 9 28m When I try to see the logs : $ kubectl logs -f denodo-deployment-b848977f7-wbltd Starting Denodo Virtual DataPort Server ... (press ENTER in case shell prompt was not automatically returned) When I see the event logs : $ kubectl get events --sort-by=.metadata.creationTimestamp 30m Normal SuccessfulCreate replicaset/denodo-deployment-b848977f7 Created pod: denodo-deployment-b848977f7-wbltd 28m Normal Started pod/denodo-deployment-b848977f7-wbltd Started container denodo-container 28m Normal Created pod/denodo-deployment-b848977f7-wbltd Created container denodo-container 28m Normal Pulled pod/denodo-deployment-b848977f7-wbltd Container image "smadabhushi/dockerreposripublic:mysecondimagepush" already present on machine 43s Warning BackOff pod/denodo-deployment-b848977f7-wbltd Back-off restarting failed container
user
28-09-2020 17:43:04 -0400

6 Answers

Hi, I was able to deploy the denodo 8 container on the kubernetes by following the steps given in the knowledge base article [Deploying Denodo in kubernetes](https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/Deploying%20Denodo%20in%20Kubernetes?category=Operation). The error “CrashLoopBackOff” will occur when a pod is starting, crashing, and starting again and then crashing again. Since the pod is unstable at this stage we can't verify the exact reason why the pod is crashing by verifying the vdp.log file. In such a case,i would modify the YAML scripts to redirect the denodo logs folder(/opt/denodo/logs/vdp) from the container to the host path(/C/Denodo/Kubernetes/logs) to check for what reason the pod is crashing and fix the issue reported in the log file. After reviewing your output of the “kubectl log” command, I would suggest you check if the licencing file path given in the YAML script is valid or not. Because I was able to reproduce the same error when trying with the invalid licence path in the YAML script during the creation of the container. If you still need help and if you are a user with valid support access then you can raise a support case in [Denodo Support Site](https://support.denodo.com/) so that our support team can help you. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
29-09-2020 08:46:00 -0400
Thank you for your response...I checked the license file path and it seems correct. However, I did not find an entry to the log files in the yaml file as you mentioned : *redirect the denodo logs folder(/opt/denodo/logs/vdp) from the container to the host path(/C/Denodo/Kubernetes/logs)* Could you please let me know where should I add this log path as I tried to add the below code in the existing yaml file but it fails: volumeMounts: - name: standalone-license mountPath: /opt/denodo/conf/denodo.lic readOnly: true - name: standalone-log mountPath: /opt/denodo/logs/vdp/vdp.log volumes: - name: standalone-license hostPath: path: /C/kubectl/DTUS-TL-IHS-201986-047-SA-EVAL.lic - name: standalone-log hostPath: path: /C/kubectl/vdp.log
user
29-09-2020 12:21:35 -0400
Hi all, Just wanted to update that I was able to resolve the issue after changing my Windows firewall settings to enable minikube. There was also an issue with minikube not able to access my local C drive path, which I was able to resolve after mounting the path to minikube. Thanks!
user
01-10-2020 14:25:53 -0400
Hi, I am very glad that you are able to deploy the Denodo application in Kubernetes container. For more information, refer to the Knowledge base article [Deploying Denodo in Kubernetes](https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/Deploying%20Denodo%20in%20Kubernetes?category=Operation) and [Denodo Platform Container QuickStart Guide](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/document/8.0/Denodo%20Platform%20Container%208.0%20QuickStart%20Guide). Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
08-10-2020 23:33:19 -0400
Hi, I need to evaluate denodo 8 in combination with kubernetes and trying to set the express version up locally on minikube. However, I'm getting following error in kubernetes: Failed to pull image "denodo-platform:8.0-latest": rpc error: code = Unknown desc = Error response from daemon: pull access denied for denodo-platform, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login': denied: requested access to the resource is denied I've a valid (free) account on denodo, but no access to the support site. What's the prerequisite to download the denodo 8 container?
user
12-01-2021 07:51:09 -0500
Hi, In order to pull the docker image from the Denodo repository, you must be a valid support user. As this could be the commerical inquires i would recommend you to contact our local sales team to have a more detailed discussion. Hope this Helps!
Denodo Team
15-01-2021 05:43:22 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here