You can translate the question and the replies:

Using com.denodo.scheduler

Hi, I'm using Denodo 7.0 update 20200803 and attempting to use the scheduler api via Python/Jpype. Is there a particular jar file I need for the Scheduler? The code below is my attempt. ``` import jpype import jpype.imports from jpype.types import * jpype.startJVM(jvmpath='C:/DENODO_HOME/jre/bin/server/jvm.dll', classpath='C:/DENODO_HOME/tools/client-drivers/jdbc/denodo-vdp-jdbcdriver.jar') from com.denodo.scheduler.client import SchedulerManager ``` This yields `java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.denodo.scheduler' The Scheduler API documentation refers me to <DENODO_HOME>/samples/scheduler/ but no such directory exists in my installation. I only have vdp\ under \samples.
user
17-10-2020 00:36:24 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, In order to use the Scheduler API from an any third-party application like (Java, Python etc), I would require to add the jar file (denodo-scheduler-api.jar & denodo-scheduler-client.jar) into the classpath of the program. This jar file can be found from the following Denodo installation path <DENODO_HOME>/lib/scheduler-client-core.I would recommend you to go through the [Scheduler API Javadoc](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/scheduler/javadoc/index#scheduler-api-javadoc) to know the available packages and classes to work with Scheduler API. I would use the sample JAVA program available in <DENODO_HOME>/samples/scheduler/scheduler-api folder to know what are the necessary JAR files are required inorder to import the class file that is required to use the Scheduler API in my program. Suppose, if you do not install the Scheduler server then you will not be able to see the sample folder for the Scheduler server. In this case, i would recommend installing the scheduler server in the different folder and make use of the samples folder created on the new installation path. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
20-10-2020 04:06:40 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here