You can translate the question and the replies:

Scheduler job for CLEAN_CATCH_DATABASE Procedure.

Hello, I have configured a scheduler job that calls : CALL CLEAN_CACHE_DATABASE ('@db_name') ; I have been able to pass on the VDBs name using query in Extraction section using the below query with mapping set as "db_name=database_name" select distinct database_name from GET_ELEMENTS() where database_name != 'null' To cover all the VDB , I use the attribute as below Maximum number of iterations: 10 In POC the number of VDBs is known to me but anyway I can set it as per the actual VDB count randomly? Last but not least, the scheduled jobs are completing without showing up the output as per the CLEAN_CACHE_DATABASE run individually on VQL shell. How can we get the information about the cleanup (on screen)right in the scheduler job report.
user
29-10-2020 12:30:39 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, To get the actual Virtual Database count, I would make use of the LIST DATABASES command. For more details about the LIST command, you could refer to [Listing Elements in the Catalog](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/vdp/vql/listing_elements_in_the_catalog/listing_elements_in_the_catalog#listing-elements-in-the-catalog) section of the Virtual DataPort VQL Guide which explains in detail about all the LIST commands. I would create a base view by following the below steps in the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool: * Create a JDBC (Denodo) data source and choose the database adapter: Denodo Virtual DataPort 7.0. * Under the Denodo data source, create a base view using the “Create from Query” option. * In Create Base View from SQL Query window, provide the view name and specify the query as “LIST DATABASES”. * Click on OK and Save. Now I would write a query to get the count of rows in the base view and obtain the count of Virtual Databases as results. In order to get the information of the cleanup job in the scheduler job report, I would follow the below steps: * From the Scheduler Administration Tool > Navigate to Jobs > Click on the more options of any particular job(In the right side you can find three dots) and choose > View Reports options. * Again click on the more options(three dots) and choose >View reports details Note that, the job reports shows the report of the job execution i.e. reason behind the job failure, job start time, job end time etc. You can choose to include only those individual reports informing about an error or, on the other hand, to include all. You could also refer to the Reports section in the article on [General Structure of a Job](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/6.0/scheduler/administration/creating_and_scheduling_jobs/configuring_new_jobs/general_structure_of_a_job#general-structure-of-a-job) to get more information on this. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
02-11-2020 07:04:21 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here