You can translate the question and the replies:

Merging multiple views

Hello, I have 6 views. Each view has Key1,Key2,Key3 and other common columns except 1 column which is different in each of the 6 views. I created 1 single Join view (Merge Full Join) joining all views on Key column. I am expecting all the views to merge with 6 additional columns (which are different in each of the views). I even specified Merge method in execution plan. All my 6 views are ordered on same columns. I am getting error "Finished with error: No search methods ready to be run by static optimization preference" Can anybody give me an idea? Thank you
user
02-11-2020 10:39:30 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, The error *'No search methods ready to be run by static optimization preference'* , could occur when the selected join method is actually invalid, and Denodo wasn't able to construct a valid execution plan for the query. If a query or a view forces the use of this strategy in a scenario where it is not applicable, the Server will return an error message. The merge join can only be used when the input views of the join are sorted by the join attributes. When the execution engine executes a merge join, it reads a row from each input view and evaluates the join condition. If the condition is met, the join returns the row. Otherwise, the row with the smaller value for the fields of the join condition is discarded because, as both views are sorted, the discarded row will not match any of the next rows of the other view. Hence, we recommend you to review your view’s construction. Please ensure that the input views of the join are sorted by the join attributes. You could refer to the section [Merge Join](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/vdp/administration/optimizing_queries/optimizing_join_operations/optimizing_join_operations#merge-join) of Virtual DataPort Administration Guide for more information. Hope this helps!!
Denodo Team
03-11-2020 05:56:16 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here