You can translate the question and the replies:

Data catalog change timestamp type fields format

Hello, Currently when we query views containing fields of type "timestamp" in our Data Catalog, the data in these fields is formated in an odd way like the following example: > Mon Dec 05 09:52:00 2005 When querying the same view through the VDP Admin tool, the format is as follow: > 2005-12-05 09:52:00 How could we change the format in the Data Catalog to be the same as displayed in the VDP Admin Tool? Regards
user
19-11-2020 09:49:02 -0500

2 Answers

Hi, The Data Catalog has an internal default format for displaying the datetime values. However, Data Catalog also allows to utilize the i18n maps defined in the Virtual DataPort server to display date types. In order to use default i18n of the Virtual DataPort server or use a custom i18n to display the date types, I will follow below steps: * Login to Data Catalog. * Click and navigate to Configuration > Locale Configuration. * In the Configuration window, set as "Yes" and choose "default (VDP Server)" option to use default i18n of the Virtual DataPort server or other i18n options available in drop down. * Click on Save. Using VQL Shell in Virtual DataPort Adminstration Tool, I can also create my own custom map with format required, say, yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss to match the display format of the the Virtual DataPort Adminstration Tool. Once map has been created, I would select it from the drop down in step-2 For more details, you can refer to [Managing Internationalization Configurations](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/vql/advanced_characteristics/creating_new_internationalization_configurations/creating_new_internationalization_configurations#managing-internationalization-configurations) section of the Virtual DataPort VQL Guide which helps you to create i18n map and [Configuration](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/data_catalog/configuration/configuration#configuration) section of the Data Catalog Guide. In case, if you still need help and if you are a valid Support User, you may open a Support Case at the Denodo Support Site and the Support Team will help you. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
20-11-2020 06:36:35 -0500
Hello, Thank you for your prompt answer, I have another question, this solution is working but is limited privatly to the user that set it in his Data Catalog configuration, is there a way to change the default Locale of the Data Catalog server when the Internationalization is set to "No" on the user's side ?
user
24-11-2020 04:20:12 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here