You can follow the below steps to make use of the Scheduler Tool to schedule a job to perform the Data Catalog synchronization task by leveraging the Data Catalog REST API:
1) Using the Virtual DataPort Admin Tool:
* Create a new [JSON data source](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/creating_data_sources_and_base_views/json_sources/json_sources#json-sources), right-click on the Server Explorer and click New -> Data source -> JSON.
* In the Configuration tab, choose HTTP Client from the drop down list as Data route and click on configure button.
* Under the Configuration section of the Edit HTTP Connection window, You can use the below values for the parameters to synchronize the server metadata using the REST API request:
**HTTP Method:** POST
"serverName": <text> | "allServers": "true",
"type": "view | ws | all",
"priority": "local | server | server_with_local_changes"
Content-Type : application/json
Authorization : <User Credentials>
* Click on Test Connection button to ensure connection is successful and click on OK button
* Save the JSON data source.
2) Create a Base View from the JSON Datasource using "Create Base View" option and execute it.
* If everything is working fine you will see a field "result" with value "OK" and then a field "data" which contains an array with information about the last execution of this synchronization.
3) Create a new VDP job using the Denodo Scheduler in order to execute this View (JSON base view).
* You will need to add an VQL Query at the [Extraction Section](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/scheduler/administration/creating_and_scheduling_jobs/configuring_new_jobs/vdp_extraction_section#vdp-extraction-section) in order to execute this view.
* You can configure the execution of this job daily at the [Triggers Section](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/scheduler/administration/creating_and_scheduling_jobs/configuring_new_jobs/time-based_job_scheduling_section#time-based-job-scheduling-section) of the job.
Please refer to the [Synchronize Elements with the Server](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/data_catalog/appendix/rest_api/rest_api#rest-api) section of REST API in Data Catalog Guide and [General Structure of a Job](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/scheduler/administration/creating_and_scheduling_jobs/configuring_new_jobs/general_structure_of_a_job#general-structure-of-a-job) section of the Scheduler Administration Guide to get more information about this.
Hope this helps!