You can translate the question and the replies:

Updating license

Currently I'm using trial version, and now I need to extend the lincense for another year. I got the latest license file, but not able find how to update the file. Tried updating the latest file as denodo.lic and launch the tool, this is not helping. Please let me know how to update the file.
user
25-11-2020 16:07:36 -0500

2 Answers

Hi! For stand-alone licenses you can install a new license using the Denodo Platform Control Center and selecting the license using "Use a license file" in the Configure section of the Control Center. Or for headless installations as you mentioned you should rename the license to denodo.lic and place it in the <DENODO_HOME>\conf directory. A free trial is meant to provide you with deeper insights and confidence in validating the data virtualization use case using the Denodo Platform in the cloud. So if you have finished your free trial I think you could signing up for a subscription on the AWS, GCP or Azure marketplaces is easy. You can find more information about the Azure subscription choices here https://www.denodo.com/en/denodo-platform/denodo-platform-for-azure If you want to continue using the express version, you could download a new express license in the Denodo Express site. If you have used the Denodo Express edition for a while, I would recommend that you to try to use full version by requesting a free-trial or an evaluation license, as you can explore the Data virtualization potential with the Denodo Platform without any capacity restriction. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
25-11-2020 20:33:11 -0500
Hello, I think you are probably trying to use a new downloaded license that is based on Dendo Platform version 8.0 over an old installation of the Denodo Express based on Denodo Platform version 7.0. If that is the case, I would recommend that you download a new Denodo Express installer and install the new version, as it is based on the new Denodo Plaform 8.0, so it is including all the new features and improvements for this newer version. If you were using Denodo Express based on version 7.0, you should check the section "Upgrade & Migration from older versions" as shown here: https://community.denodo.com/express/download as it includes details about how to upgrade all the contents to the newer version. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
26-11-2020 04:35:20 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here