You can translate the question and the replies:

oracle "date" column convert to "timestamp" column in Denodo

Hi team, I have view sourced from oracle, which contains date type column, when created this view, denodo converted the date column to "timestamp" automatically, and when tried to convert it to "localdate", the error is showing "the field has an incompatible subtype for type 'localdate', TIMESTAMP". I found the "timestamp" type in denodo make the date column show several succeeding 0s like "2020-07-08 00:00:00", can we make it shown as a date with value "2020-07-08". How to make it? Also, we need to pushed down all the denodo query to oracle data soruce, currently it is this, and I don't want to this date format convertion make the query not push down to the data source.
user
15-12-2020 00:35:33 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, I received the same error “the field has an incompatible subtype for type ‘localdate’, TIMESTAMP” when I tried changing the data type to "localdate" for one of the date field of a Oracle base view. To resolve this, I did the following after changing the "Field Type" to "localdate": * Clicked on the Pencil icon next to the "Field Type" (for the corresponding field). * In the "Source Type Properties" window, I selected "Type" as "DATE" from the drop down and saved the view. Now, when I execute the Oracle base view, I receive the output as expected, i.e.date values like "2003-06-17". Also, this query was completely pushed down to the underlying Oracle data source. You could take a look at the [Viewing the Schema of a Base View](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/vdp/administration/creating_data_sources_and_base_views/viewing_the_schema_of_a_base_view/viewing_the_schema_of_a_base_view) section under the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide for more details. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
15-12-2020 05:45:51 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here