You can translate the question and the replies:

Getting error while exposing the Denodo view as REST API with Authentication.

HI Team, I am able to expose Denodo view as REST API with authentication method as "None" in setting tab. I can access this view using the URL provided. But when I am exposing any view with any authentication method other than None, I am unable to access the published view using provided URL. I am able deploy the view without any error. Error I am getting while accessing the published Rest API: *HTTP Status 401 – Unauthorized Type Status Report Description The request has not been applied because it lacks valid authentication credentials for the target resource. Apache Tomcat/8.5.47* There is no any mismatch in the credentials but still getting this error. Checked the tomcat service it is also up and running. Thanks in advance.
user
22-12-2020 06:24:27 -0500

3 Answers

Hi, When you configure an Authentication for a REST web service, you are expected to provide the valid credentials/ follow the authentication process based on the option chosen and that is the reason, I think it has thrown an HTTP 401 error (Unauthorized) You can refer to the [Web Services Authentication](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/vdp/vql/publication_of_web_services/web_services_authentication/web_services_authentication) section of the documentation for more information on the different types of authentication. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
23-12-2020 04:37:18 -0500
Hi Team, while exposing the view as REST, when I choose any authenticatio method (like HTTP basic), there should be pop up asking for the credentials and then we can provide the credentials. Depending upon the authorization of the given credentials this error should appear if donot have proper previlages. But here problem is that just clicking on the URL it is giving error without asking for the credentials. So clearly this is not the authorization issue. Thanks
user
23-12-2020 05:20:40 -0500
Hi, I reproduced your scenario by publishing a web service with HTTP basic authentication and I was able to access it through a browser and also from a REST client like Postman etc., with the credentials entered. The error HTTP 401 usually can be fixed by rectifying wrong credentials, clearing your browser's cache, fixing any errors in the URL etc., If your issue is not an intermittent occurrence and you are a partner, I would suggest you to raise a Support Case with necessary logs attached. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
04-01-2021 04:50:55 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here