You can translate the question and the replies:

How to debug a custom handler?

I am developing a custom handler to be used for some of our scheduled jobs. Is there a step-by-step tutorial for debuging custom handler code? What I have found so far are for custom extentions of VDP functinalities (functions or stored procedure). For the scheduler, I can configure the scheduler server in debug and launch it. But how should I set up the handler to a job and then trigger the job to run in debug mode since I don't see a way to access the scheduler admin UI in the debug mode? Thank you in advance and your help would be greatly appreciated. Jun
user
23-12-2020 10:17:00 -0500

3 Answers

Hi, In order to debug the Custom Handler, I would follow the steps mention in the [Denodo Application Debug Configuration](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/denodo4e/reference/debug/denodo_application_debug_configuration/denodo_application_debug_configuration) section of the Denodo4Eclipse Plugin Guide. I’d also recommend you to read [How to debug Denodo custom extensions with Eclipse](https://community.denodo.com/kb/view/document/How%20to%20debug%20Denodo%20custom%20extensions%20with%20Eclipse?category=Custom+Elements) Knowledge Base article. I find it very useful to understand how to enable the Debug mode for the Denodo custom extensions. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
24-12-2020 05:49:52 -0500
I have Denodo4E plugin and run configurations set up and I can debug the custom extensions to VDP Server following the instructions/examples in the resources you mentioned here. My question is specific to debugging custom extension to Scheduler Server. There is no instructions/examples how to debug an extension to Scheduler Server (such as a custom handler). I can start the scheduler server in debug mode using the Denodo configuration menu within Eclipse. Then I cannot find any infomratin on how to configure (and then run) a job using the handler I am developing in debug mode. Schedule Admin Tool is not listed in the auxiliar configurations (as VDP Admin Tool with VDP server). Thanks, Jun
user
24-12-2020 10:12:56 -0500
Hi, The auxiliary debug configurations is useful if you need to run several Denodo applications to debug a particular extension. For example, you may need to run both the VDP/ITP Server and the Scheduler Server in order to test and debug a custom Exporter. For your scenario, I would perform the below steps, * Open Eclipse and navigate to the Denodo4E Debug Configurations > Denodo4E Configurations * Create a new configuration for performing the Debug in Denodo Scheduler. * In the configuration, select the Application as "Denodo Scheduler Server" and click on "ADD" to add the Denodo Extension projects from the Eclipse project’s list. * Click on Debug and start the [Job](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/document/denodoconnects/8.0/Denodo%20Email%20Exported%20Files%20Custom%20Handler%20-%20User%20Manual) (i.e., Job which contains custom Handler) from the Denodo Scheduler. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
13-01-2021 06:21:56 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here