You can translate the question and the replies:

Question about Denodo Model Bridge

Hi experts, Denodo model bridge is used to connect to supported third party tools and extract information from the third party tool and create necessary VQL and execute in Denodo.- Is that correct? I am looking for a tool that can generate good ERDs based on the associations created in Denodo. Please advise if there is any such tool. Thanks much.
user
07-02-2021 19:58:35 -0500

3 Answers

Hi, As mentioned in the Denodo Model Bridge User Manual, Denodo supports data modelling (Top-Down approach) and it is implemented as Interface views in Virtual DataPort using Denodo Model Bridge. You can refer to the [Denodo Model Bridge](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/document/denodoconnects/8.0/en/Denodo%20Model%20Bridge%20-%20User%20Manual) User Manual for more information. Further, Virtual DataPort metadata can be accessed through standard interfaces such as JDBC/ODBC that can be used by Data Modeling tools to import Denodo data models. In this case, I would use an external data modeling tool to transform associations created in Denodo into Entity Relationship Diagrams as required. Hope this helps !
Denodo Team
08-02-2021 06:29:53 -0500
Thanks for the response, any ideas/suggestions on the external data modeling tool that can be used to transform associations created in Denodo into Entity Relationship Diagrams? Thanks
user
09-02-2021 21:17:42 -0500
Hi, In the Denodo Platform, you could expose the metadata of data sources and views through standard interfaces such as JDBC/ODBC which can be used by the modelling tools to import Denodo data models. In this case, I would use an external Data Modeling tool such as DbSchema to transform views created in Denodo into Entity Relationship Diagrams as required. You can refer to the [Connecting from your application - JDBC Clients](https://community.denodo.com/tutorials/browse/basics/4connect1jdbcclient) section for more information. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
17-02-2021 06:30:08 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here