You can translate the question and the replies:

Error while launching Denodo Monitor - Failed to invoke from(CompositeData)

Hi, I’m making tests using Denodo Express 8.0 for Windows 64 bits. I need to trace the queries done by each user and i want to check that Denodo Monitor can give me all the needed information. I followed this instructions : https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/administration/monitoring_the_virtual_dataport_server/denodo_monitor/configuring_the_denodo_monitor#configuring-the-denodo-monitor When i try to lauch the Monitor i have the following warning and error : Starting Denodo Monitor... WARNING: The version of the Denodo Monitor (Denodo Monitor 8.0) does not match the version of the 'vdp' server (VDP Server 8.0 update 20200910) vdp Resources Monitor started vdp Threads Monitor started vdp Connections Monitor started vdp Load Cache Processes Monitor started Sockets Monitor started Processes Monitor started vdp Queries Monitor started vdp Data Sources Monitor started JMX error executing vdp Threads Monitor: Error connecting 'vdp' server (//localhost:9997): Failed to invoke from(CompositeData) Can you help me ? I did not change configuration file. My commands are : cd /D C:\Denodo\DenodoPlatform8.0\tools\monitor\bin set JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jre8 denodomonitor_startup.bat My java version is : java version "1.8.0_102" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_102-b14) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.102-b14, mixed mode)
user
17-02-2021 10:48:55 -0500

2 Answers

Hi, I have come across the same warning when I executed the different version of the Denodo Monitor start-up file with a different Virtual DataPort server update. However, I was still able to launch and use the Denodo Monitor as expected. Regarding the JMX error, I would suggest you to check if the port number (required for Denodo Monitor) is available and not blocking the Denodo Monitor from launching. Suppose, if you still need help and if you are a user with valid support access then you can raise a support case in [Denodo Support Site](https://support.denodo.com) so that our support team can help you. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
18-02-2021 06:03:51 -0500
Hi, Thank you for the answer. This Helps ! I was not able to test Denodo Monitor on an other computer with less network restriction. Pierre.
user
22-02-2021 09:54:57 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here