You can translate the question and the replies:

How to apply text function on field that is used for search method

Hello, I want to apply a text function to a field that is used as query parameter for a base view. The reason for that is because we receive some input parameters (for example a number) and I need to add a prefix. If I receive "12345" I need to add "code12345" before the number so that my datasource can understand the query. I tried doing this in a view: `concat('CODE', bv.input_param)` but receive this error: `com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxyException: error computing capabilities: View without search methods` . How can I apply text functions or any other functions to fields that are used by search methods?
user
11-08-2021 05:21:41 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, The “view without search methods” error appears when you try to query a view without complying to its mandatory search conditions. In your case, consider the base view as the parameter source, create a selection view on top and add a new field using ‘New’ in the output tab. The field expression in the new field can be entered as follows, `CONCAT(‘CODE’,input_parameter)` Once this is done, save the view, and you should be able to provide the updated value as a parameter to the new base view you are creating, with a join. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
11-08-2021 19:25:11 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here