You can translate the question and the replies:

Preserving blank spaces in CSV export

Hi I am exporting data from derived views as CSV file . I want data fields to be followed by blank spaces , I am using 'REPEAT' function in VDP but when I see exported CSV file all text fields are truncated i.e. there are no blank spaces . may I know how can we achieve it ? TIA SJ.
user
30-08-2021 09:29:36 -0400

3 Answers

Hi, I was just able to export to a CSV file using the REPEAT function and keep the spaces after the items in the columns of the view. I used a VQL query like the following example: SELECT CONCAT(column_name, REPEAT(' ', 2)), as column_name FROM integrated_view For saving, if I am working in the Denodo Virtual DataPort Administration Tool: ``` I would click the Save icon on the Query Results in the VQL Shell. Then I would pick whichever column separator I want. Then I would also choose the format I want the file to be saved in. ``` Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
30-08-2021 16:21:14 -0400
Hi , Thanks for the response . However , I am trying to export the CSV from Scheduler . so whenever I export data it is padded with blank spaces after using repeat but it is surrounded by double quotes . I just want blank spaces after it . E.g . CSV_FILE.csv Stud_Id Stud_Name 12 ,Mr.Jon <EOL> 13 ,Ms.Lisa <EOL> what I'm getting is - CSV_FILE.csv Stud_Id Stud_Name "12 ","Mr.Jon "<EOL> "13 ","Ms.Lisa "<EOL>
user
31-08-2021 03:54:44 -0400
Hi, There appears to be a very similar question in the Community Q&A. Please check out the response to the [CSV Export | DENODO 8.0](https://community.denodo.com/answers/question/details?questionId=9064u000000H9vtAAC&title=CSV+Export+%7C+DENODO+8.0) question of the Denodo Community Q&A. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
07-09-2021 17:37:19 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here