You can translate the question and the replies:

Preserving VQL formatting when using Edit Mode

I generally work in the VQL mode in the Virtual DataPort tool and wish to retain my formatting. I use the "CONTEXT('formatted' = 'yes')" clause regularly, but even with that, I've noticed the formatting gets reverted back to default (including view alias names and whitespace lost) if I save a change in the Edit Mode. How can I preserve the VQL formatting when making a change in Edit mode?
user
02-09-2021 13:40:44 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, From the documentation on the [CONTEXT clause](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/vql/queries_select_statement/context_clause/context_clause), I understand that the parameter "formatted" is best used for CREATE VIEW statements in particular, to preserve formatting and help with readability for particularly long VQL statements. Additionally, this formatted parameter is automatically added whenever editing the VQL of derived views. As for preserving the formatting of VQL queries, I would try editing queries in the VQL shell since I've seen that formatting such as whitespace and capitalization is preserved when revisiting the queries in the Execution Log. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
03-09-2021 19:53:00 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here