You can translate the question and the replies:

Denodo to SAS/SHARE through JDBC : remove quotation marks in queries

Hello, We are trying to connect to a SAS/SHARE server from Denodo, using the SAS JDBC driver. Our table in our SAS server has a field called *value* and when we query that table through Denodo, the SQL generated by Denodo wraps the field name in double quotation marks : `SELECT t0."value" FROM SASLIB.SASTAB t0` which is not recognized by SAS. Any way to set denodo to avoid wrapping field names with quotation marks when delegating the query ? We do understand it's done that way because value is a reserved word, but in that case it prevents us from querying the sas dataset entirely. Thanks!
user
09-09-2021 07:29:01 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, I can run the query that is passed down in a normal SQL server. Denodo puts parentheses around the name of the column because it is a reserved word in SAS. I would check to make sure that a query to select that field will run in the SAS server. What I would do, in this scenario if possible, would be to change the name of the column to a value that is not a reserved word. If you have a valid support user account, please open a new support case at support.denodo.com so that the support team can review the issue in detail. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
14-09-2021 14:09:46 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here