You can translate the question and the replies:

how to create independent categories and tags for each server in denodo data catalog?

I have created tags and categories in server configuration A and created some tags and categories in server configuration B and currently when i login in server A or B i am seeing both tag and categories of A and B combined. Is there any ways by which i can only see tags and categories of that particular server only .
user
29-09-2021 05:35:54 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, The tags and categories created in different servers will be available for all servers which is the **expected behavior**, at the moment. This is because the catalog management elements (tags, property groups, categories) are **global for all the servers**. However, the views or web service objects with associated categories or tags (or other elements) are independent of each server. (i.e relations of tags and categories to a view or web service object is specific to a server configuration) For more information, you could refer to the [Catalog Management](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/en/vdp/data_catalog/administration/catalog_management/catalog_management) sections of the Data Catalog Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
01-10-2021 00:34:03 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here