You can translate the question and the replies:

Unable to create Environment: VCS

Hi, i am unable to create environment in vcs management (Denodo 8) with the following error: *Error creating environment: error creating environment: Remote origin did not advertise Ref for branch master. This Ref may not exist in the remote or may be hidden by permission settings.* Can you please help me resolve the issue
VCS
user
20-10-2021 15:35:42 -0400

3 Answers

Hi, Based on this, I believe the Git repository was not initialized. Note that once the repository is created it should be initialized following the next steps: ``` echo "# Readme" >> README.md git init git add README.md git commit -m "first commit" git remote add origin <git_url> git push -u origin master ``` I think you received the above error because there's no Git initiated in the repository yet and no "ref"(HEAD) to use. Before you can create environments, you will need to commit and push elements from your database into the Git repository. The VDP server will automatically run 'git init' for the first push. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
21-10-2021 00:49:49 -0400
Hi, Thanks for the response, we did the first commit referring the steps provided and can see the README.md file in the GIT repository. But we are unable to proceed with the push operation with the following error: *Error pushing database admin: https://github.com/xxyzz/Denodo.git: not authorized* Note: The credentials are fine and the configs in solution manager and VDP (VCS management) are also proper. Can you please help us resolve the issue. Thanks.
user
21-10-2021 16:15:20 -0400
Hi, I can see that the error has changed to "not authorized" when trying to create the environment in the git repo. You may check if you already initialized a master branch and if the credentials of has access to make changes in the master branch? The user who is used to access the master branch should have privilege to be able to create new environments in the same branch "master" and to create many files within that branch. If you need more help and have a valid support account, you can open a new case in the Support Site so the Denodo team can help you. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
09-11-2021 01:45:00 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here