You can translate the question and the replies:

Performance View

Hi, guys. I have been creating some views and execute in Denodo. I takes a long time to execute, so when I connect Tableau in Denodo, it dowsn´t work. Time off. Could help me give some suggestions. I can send my view. I don´t know how.
user
04-01-2022 13:53:53 -0500
code

1 Answer

Hi, I believe, the execution of the query takes long time in the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool due to the following reasons: * when the data being returned from the datasource contains a large data set. * when there is a network latency between the Virtual DataPort Server and the underlying data source. To overcome this issue I would perform the below steps to ensure the execution query is working as expected: * Ensure that there is no network latency between the Virtual DataPort Server and the underlying data source . * If the view is taking a long time to execute, I would consider caching the data to increase the performance. * I would also increase the query timeout by navigating to ‘Tools’ > ‘Admin Tool preferences’ > ‘Connection’ > ‘Query timeout in the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool’. If the query timeout is zero it will wait indefinitely until the data set arrives. You could refer to the[ Best Practices to Maximize Performance IV: Detecting Bottlenecks in a Query](https://community.denodo.com/kb/en/view/document/Best%20Practices%20to%20Maximize%20Performance%20IV:%20Detecting%20Bottlenecks%20in%20a%20Query?category=Best%20Practices) Knowledge Base article for more information. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
05-01-2022 07:42:08 -0500
code
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here