You can translate the question and the replies:

Does deleting a role/user also remove all currently assigned permissions?

When selecting and deleting a role, does the action also remove all permissions currently assigned to that role? Same question for deleting a user as well. I wanted to make sure that it didn't leave any orphaned permissions on the views. I searched through the KB and there is only documentation regarding how to delete and not the implications. Thanks!
user
13-01-2022 15:08:54 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, When a role is deleted, Virtual DataPort removes that role and also removes the references of this role from other elements. For instance, consider a role named “test_role” and also consider that it is assigned to some other role like “test” (Role Inheritance). Now, if I delete the role “test_role”, the role would get deleted and it will get removed from the places where it was assigned. Similarly, if the role “test_role” was also assigned to the user, then on refreshing the tool, the role would automatically get removed for the assigned user. For more information,you can take a look at the [Administration of Databases, Users, Roles and Their Access Rights](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/administration/databases_users_and_access_rights_in_virtual_dataport/administration_of_databases_users_roles_and_their_access_rights/administration_of_databases_users_roles_and_their_access_rights) section under the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
17-01-2022 08:06:56 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here