Generally, the[ desc commands](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/vql/describing_catalog_elements/describing_catalog_elements) provide information about the elements, including dependencies. In order to view the information, you could perform the below steps in the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool:
* Create a new data source and select Denodo Virtual Dataport 8.0 as database adapter for Denodo Platform 8.0. Specify the hostname, port, database, authentication.
* Create base view and choose Create from Query option and provide the following statement:
desc view "@input_database_name"."@input_view_name"
* Once the base view is created. Open base view > options > Search methods > wrapper source configuration > Set 'No' for Delegate SQL Sentence as subquery parameter.
* Save the changes. Execute the view by providing the database name and view name as inputs for the interpolation variables.
* After this, publish the view as a REST web service.
You could refer to the [Using the Create Base View From Query Option](https://community.denodo.com/kb/en/view/document/Using%20the%20Create%20Base%20View%20From%20Query%20Option) Knowledge Base article and [Publishing REST Web Services](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/en/vdp/administration/publication_of_web_services/publishing_rest_web_services/publishing_rest_web_services) section under Virtual DataPort Administration Guide for more information.
Hope this helps!