You can translate the question and the replies:

Bit datatype transforms to boolean in denodo base views

I have one scenario where one of the fields from the source(MSSQL) is a bit datatype while creating a base view in denodo it gets transformed into boolean datatype. Users want to see the results in 0/1 instead of true/false. Even end user application in our case DBeaver is returning error for this field. Please advise.
user
17-02-2022 09:55:28 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, I believe that you are looking for a way to view bit data of a view built on top of a SQL Server data source as 1/0. In general, Denodo interprets bit data types from the datasource as boolean i.e true/false. To achieve your use case, I would do the following steps. * Create a base view using the “Create from query” option in the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool/ Web Design Studio. * Ensure that the SQL query is written using CAST function to convert the bit datatype as an integer. * Once the view is executed, the results will be displayed as 1/0 instead of true/false. You can refer to the [Creating Base Views from SQL Queries](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/creating_data_sources_and_base_views/jdbc_sources/jdbc_sources#creating-base-views-from-sql-queries) section of the Virtual DataPort Administration Guide which explains the steps to be followed to create a base view from a query. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
18-02-2022 07:18:24 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here