You can translate the question and the replies:

Getting a stored procedure via VQL

Is there a way to get the stored procedure for a view / table created in Denodo via VQL? For example, I have a view called 'p_raw_data' that is created using the following procedure: CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW p_raw_data FOLDER = '/0. raw data' AS SELECT '123' AS person_id, 'Jane' AS person_first_name, 'Doe' AS person_last_name FROM dual(); Can I make a SQL call, in python, that will return this as text? I can make the above request in python but I want to know if there is a VQL call to get what the text of the procedure is. Hope that makes sense!
user
23-02-2022 09:00:29 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, I understand that you are trying to get the VQL for the particular view created in Denodo. In order to get that, I would use the **DESC VQL** command which returns the corresponding VQL of that view. DESC VQL VIEW p_raw_data For more information, you could refer to the section [Describing Catalog Elements](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/vql/describing_catalog_elements/describing_catalog_elements) from the Virtual DataPort VQL Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
24-02-2022 06:52:29 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here