You can translate the question and the replies:

Setting CONTEXT ('formatted' = 'yes') as default?

Is there a way I can have the system, by defult, add "CONTEXT ('formatted' = 'yes')" to the end of a derived view when I use the VQL Shell to create views, instead of having to write it out at the end of every script?
user
23-02-2021 12:56:04 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, In order to preserve the format of the CREATE VIEW statement, **Context(‘formatted’=’yes’) **has to be added to the VQL statement. If I want to preserve the format automatically, I would navigate to the **VQL** tab of the created view to manually edit the VQL using the **Edit icon** option and save the changes. By performing this action, I could see that the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool automatically adds the CONTEXT parameter **‘formatted’=‘yes’** to preserve the VQL of the view. You can take a look at the **[CONTEXT Clause](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en/vdp/vql/queries_select_statement/context_clause/context_clause#context-clause)** section of the Virtual DataPort VQL Guide. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
24-02-2021 07:44:43 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here