You can translate the question and the replies:

Error saving base view: null

Creating a new base view from a custom data source is always fine. Without changing anything on the data source, after "Edit", "Source Refresh", and then "Validates and Saves the base view", "Error saving base view: null" is raised. What might be wrong?
user
09-03-2021 12:51:20 -0500

1 Answer

Hi, I was trying to simulate the "Error saving base view: null" error in my Virtual DataPort instance by performing the Source Refresh option over a base view. In my case, the source refresh was working as expected. For your scenario, I would try the following to identify the root cause: * Check the vdp.log file located under the directory ‘**<DENODO_HOME>/logs/vdp**’ to find more detailed errors if any. * Try performing a source refresh on base view created over another data source and see if this issue is specific to Custom Data Source. * If the above succeeds, I would review the Custom Data Source code to check for any issues. If you are a valid support user then you can raise a Support case in the [Denodo Support Site](https://support.denodo.com/) so that our Support Team will assist you. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
10-03-2021 08:53:52 -0500
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here