You can translate the question and the replies:

Merge search parameters for derived view to other 3 underlying views

Hello, I have following tree view: ``` View / | \ View1 View2 View 3 | | | BV BV BV | | | DS DS DS ``` The DS is a Web Service Datasource that requires 8 search parameters. So , view1, view2 and view3 all need the same 8 input params. If I join them all together, the final View ends up having 3 times the same input parameters. To avoid conflicts, I join the 3 Views on the input parameters so that only one set of them is present in the final View. The problem arises when I try to execute the final View with the 8 input params, there is no result. The problem: Make the 8 input params work for all the three Views so that they request the data from the BV and DS.
user
29-03-2021 08:14:31 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, I was able to successfully combine 3 base views with input parameters and display the required results by performing the following steps in the **Virtual DataPort Administration Tool**: * Create the base views using the web services as a data source. * Create a derived view by joining the 3 base views with the mandatory input parameter. * Set the input parameters as the join condition * On execution provide the correct values for the input parameters. In case I do not get the desired output I would check the [Execution Trace](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en//vdp/administration/creating_derived_views/querying_views/execution_trace_of_a_statement) generated during the execution of the derived view. Additionally, I would also check if the given input condition is satisfied by all the base views involved as well. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
30-03-2021 08:46:37 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here