You can translate the question and the replies:

current_timestamp(0) function issue

Hi Team, Query 1: I followed the solution you provided in previous article: https://community.denodo.com/answers/question/details?questionId=9064u000000L849AAC&title=insert+operation+through+postman+for+multiple+unique+primary+keys datasource:teradata but tried inserting the below ways for the time stamp in payload for date column "lst_upd_ts":"2017-12-01T10:33:01" but getting error '[Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 16.10.00.07] [Error 5404] [SQLState HY000] Datetime field overflow. i tried sending the timestamp format but no luck: "lst_upd_ts":"yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss[.SSSSSSSSS]" "The value of the parameter \"lst_upd_ts\" is not valid. The values of type timestamp must match the pattern \"yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss[.SSSSSSSSS]\"." timestamp 2: I have this time stamp also TIME(0) and value is 02:10:00. i passed same way as above getting error "time":"HH:mm:ss[.SSSSSSSSS]" error: "The value of the parameter \"dlvr_tm\" is not valid. The values of type time must match the pattern \"HH:mm:ss[.SSSSSSSSS]\"."\ can you please provide the correct format which i need to send in payload for insert update operations in denodo 7.0 for both timestamps Query 2: I have a tables with primary keys and created a base view on top of it but when i convert it to integrated view and business view and web service not able to do insert/update operation getting error message: Only views with primary key can be updated but if i convert the base view to business view and webservice i'm able to do crud operations is it not possible to convert it into integrated view and use it
user
30-03-2021 11:36:06 -0400

3 Answers

Hi, If a view involves a join condition, the UPDATE operation cannot be performed over the particular view in Virtual DataPort server. If you want to know more about the views that are updateable, you can refer to [Inserts, Updates and Deletes Over Views](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/vql/inserts_updates_and_deletes_over_views/inserts_updates_and_deletes_over_views) documentation for information. Regarding the INSERT, I was able to insert values for ‘id’(primary key) & ‘registered_date’(timestamp) fields of the base view created from Teradata data source using POST body as mentioned below, { “id”:”5”, “registered_date”: "2021-04-02T03:15:26" } I would suggest you to validate field types and POST body timestamp field literal value syntax as per my example above and try again. You can take a look at the [**IDU Requests**](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/7.0/vdp/administration/restful_architecture/restful_web_service/idu_requests) section of Virtual DataPort Administration Guide for more information. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
02-04-2021 09:22:16 -0400
Hi Team, After following above solution still getting an issue. "lst_upd_ts" :"2021-04-02T03:15:26" "lst_upd_ts" :"2021-03-29T13:34:00.000" '[Teradata Database] [TeraJDBC 16.10.00.07] [Error 5404] [SQLState HY000] Datetime field overflow. In teradata we used CurrentTimestamp(0),Time(0) functions
user
06-04-2021 04:31:02 -0400
Hi, If I face a similar situation, I would do the following steps to debug the error, * Open the VQL Shell in Virtual DataPort Administration Tool and execute the following query, `CALL LOGCONTROLLER('com.denodo.vdp.requests','debug')` * Perform the insert operation to reproduce the error * Open the **vdp-requests.log** file located under ‘<DENODO_HOME>/logs/vdp’ folder and check the query that is executed in the Virtual DataPort server * Copy the query from the log file, paste it in VQL Shell of Virtual DataPort Administration Tool * Now, execute the query and check the **Execution Trace** to see for possible errors. If you still need help and if you are a valid support user then you can raise a support case in [**Denodo Support Site**](https://support.denodo.com/) so that our support team can help you. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
15-04-2021 08:24:59 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here