You can translate the question and the replies:

how to rename a derived view column name

ALTER VIEW xyz( ALTER COLUMN abc RENAME column mnn); how can we rename a derived view column name
user
02-04-2021 19:28:50 -0400

1 Answer

Hi, I understand that you have created a derived view in the Virtual DataPort Administration Tool and tried to rename the columns of the derived view using **ALTER VIEW **syntax. If that is the case, I could modify the column names of a derived view using VQL by executing the **CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW** statement like: `CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW VIEW_NAME AS SELECT FIELD_NAME AS ALIAS_NAME,.... from view_name` Alternatively, I could use the "**Edit > Output**" tab of the derived view in Virtual DataPort Administration Tool in order to rename the fields using GUI. You can refer to the [Modifying a Derived View](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/latest/en/vdp/vql/defining_a_derived_view/modifying_a_derived_view/modifying_a_derived_view) section under the Virtual DataPort VQL Guide for more information. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
05-04-2021 07:21:02 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here