You can translate the question and the replies:

Error while using custom function

Hi Team, I developed a custom function when I am using it I wm getting error com.denodo.vdb.admin.model.vdbserverproxy.VDBServerProxyException: error computing capabilities: Function 'psi_hashicorp_decrypt' is not executable. Can you please let me know what can be the issue?
user
08-04-2021 06:01:57 -0400

2 Answers

Hi, In general, the error** “error computing capabilities: Function is not executable” ** occurs when there are some minor issues related to the code syntax of the Custom Function. In order to resolve this error, I would perform the following checks in the code for the Custom Function: * Check whether the code syntax is correct. * Check if all the annotations are provided according to the correct format. You can take a look at the[ Creating Custom Functions with Annotations](https://community.denodo.com/docs/html/browse/8.0/en//vdp/developer/developing_extensions/developing_custom_functions/creating_custom_functions_with_annotations) section of the Virtual DataPort Developer Guide for more information on the correct syntax to use when developing a Custom Function. Hope this helps!
Denodo Team
09-04-2021 07:54:20 -0400
Thank you for the answer. I didn't find any syntax errors below. I followed naming convention for custom function. Below is my class code. I build the jar with dependencies is that okay? Is there any other way to do it. public class PSI_Hashicorp_DecryptVdpFunction { public String execute(String ciphertext) { EncryptionUtility encryptionUtility = new EncryptionUtility(); return encryptionUtility.decryptData(ciphertext); } public Class<String> executeReturnType(String ciphertext) { return String.class; } }
user
14-04-2021 06:47:28 -0400
You must sign in to add an answer. If you do not have an account, you can register here